Skip to main content

Random moments 3

1. Mobile Network or BlackBerry Q10 hotspot block SSH port 22

Today I go to countryside in annual Tet holiday and have to use Mobile Network (3G/4G) for my work. Unfortunately It seem my Mobile Network blocked port 22 or may be my phone BlackBerry Q10 blocked it.
I use my Q10 as Mobile hotspot.
I have no problem before, so I think it is caused by either BlackBerry software or Internet Provider.
My laptop is Macbook Pro 2017 and my VPS service is DigitalOcean

So I guess I can serve ssh in different port (ie. 2222). After some search, I end up with serve SSH in both port 22 and 2222 use Digital Ocean (DO) web console.
Yeah, It work !

Need inspect more why caused this problem. BB OS or Internet Provider or event MBP.

There are some other issues like keyboard problem with DO web console. Some character like '|' not work. https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/i-can-t-type-some-symbols-on-console
How special char, symbol called in English ?
http://catb.org/jargon/html/A/ASCII.html

2. MySQL config slow query log confused.

I have no idea why my slow MySQL query log not log anything event in the console, many query show long time. And it have worked before.
After careful double check my config, here is the problem:
$cat /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf
# Here you can see queries with especially long duration
slow_query_log=2
slow_query_log_file=/var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log
long_query_time=1

I have made mistake on the value of slow_query_log=2. It should be 1. I have missed it with long_query_time=1 (second).
So it is caused by I have edited this value sometime before and missed it flag value vs numeric value.

Normally when we looked it, it seem correct.
So a case study to careful double check configuration value with it parameter.

3. Withdraw money from Bank Credit account forgot some online service need paid.

I have withdraw all of my money for Lunar new year and forgot that I have some online service subscribe that need it to paid invoice. Not know how much DO would charge for overdue (in 3 weeks at maximum) but I will try borrow from my brother card.

4. IN vs EXISTS

Many time we have to find optimize IN vs EXISTS, I forgot what is the best practice in what case.
So I have to dig into this grey yard.
http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_exists_clause_vs_in_clause.htm

5. Cool blinking star and light Website design
https://openliberty.io

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rand mm 10

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2447791/define-vs-const Oh const vs define, many time I got unexpected interview question. As this one, I do not know much or try to study this. My work flow, and I believe of many programmer is that search topic only when we have task or job to tackle. We ignore many 'basic', 'fundamental' documents, RTFM is boring. So I think it is a trade off between the two way of study language. And I think there are a bridge or balanced way to extract both advantage of two method. There are some huge issue with programmer like me that prevent we master some technique that take only little time if doing properly. For example, some Red Hat certificate program, lesson, course that I have learned during Collage gave our exceptional useful when it cover almost all topic while working with Linux. I remember it called something like RHEL (RedHat Enterprise Linux) Certificate... I think there are many tons of documents, guide n books about Linux bu

Martin Fowler - Software Architecture - Making Architecture matter

  https://martinfowler.com/architecture/ One can appreciate the point of this presentation when one's sense of code smell is trained, functional and utilized. Those controlling the budget as well as developer leads should understand the design stamina hypothesis, so that the appropriate focus and priority is given to internal quality - otherwise pay a high price soon. Andrew Farrell 8 months ago I love that he was able to give an important lesson on the “How?” of software architecture at the very end: delegate decisions to those with the time to focus on them. Very nice and straight-forward talk about the value of software architecture For me, architecture is the distribution of complexity in a system. And also, how subsystems communicate with each other. A battle between craftmanship and the economics and economics always win... https://hackernoon.com/applying-clean-architecture-on-web-application-with-modular-pattern-7b11f1b89011 1. Independent of Frameworks 2. Testable 3. Indepe